Well, I posted some pictures and now here are the details...
We left Saturday morning for what was supposed to be a fun filled weekend in San Diego. The car was packed, we were all excited to be getting out of town, but we didn't even make it to Alamo before the first "incident" happened. Traveling with kids is so much fun. Abby ended up throwing up 3 times, Olivia once. I'm not sure what there deal was because they weren't sick. I think they just convinced themselves that the ride was too long and they were car sick. Fortunately Abby made it into a bag each time, Olivia on the other hand.... It was really fun trying to clean up throw-up on the side of the road.
Sunday we decided to spend the day at the beach. It was FREEZING! We drove out to Coronado but they were having a triathlon there so we went to Imperial Beach instead. The girls had fun digging in the sand and getting there feet wet. It was so cold that our feet went numb so we played for awhile.
We then went to Seaside Village to check out the shops, watch the sailboats, and ride the carousel. Then we went to Point Loma to see the lighthouse and the National Monument there. That was a pretty cool place. Great views!
Monday we went to Sea World. We thought maybe the crowds wouldn't be too bad since it was a Monday but it was still pretty packed. It wasn't too bad though. You don't have to wait in too many lines there so that is nice. The girls loved it! Olivia didn't NOT like getting wet in the shows but it was pretty warm and sunny so we dried fast. The shows were great. I loved the Pets Rule one. It is amazing! Did you know you can train a cat? I didn't. And they can do some cool things! Shamu, and the dolphins were great, but I have to say my favorite was the turtles, penguins, walrus, and of course the Beluga whales. I convinced Abby into getting a Beluga Whale cause they were just so darn cute. That and I love to say Beluga, go ahead, try it, it's fun to say. The girls were so good and we only got a little sunburn!
Sadly, we had to come home on Tuesday. We made about 353 stops on the way home but luckily no one threw up. We had such a fun trip. That long of a drive though means we have to stay much longer next time!!
Thanks Steven for the tickets!!!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
It looks like you guys had a good time in San Diego. I also can't believe how big the girls are getting.
I'm jealous! Even though you had some rough times, we're totally vacation starved around here. We've actually been wanting to take the kids to San Diego to hit SeaWorld and the zoo. Guess we've gotta do it.
cute blog Karen!! Your girls are getting so big- I can't believe it!
This story is hilarious- makes me laugh! :)
We're headed to LA and San Diego this weekend...I hope our trip is LESS eventfull...LOL
Post a Comment