This is the newest addition to our little family. Last weekend Kaylee had a sleepover at a friends house and they had kittens. Kaylee had a ball playing with "her" kitty while at her friends house. Of course the girls mom, being the generous woman that she is, said Kaylee could have one of the kitties if it was ok with her parents. So she came home and proceded to BEG, and BEG, and BEG to get a kitten. Chris shocked me and instead of immediatly saying no, said that it was up to me. Chris hates cats. He thinks he is allergic. Isn't that just everyones excuse to not get one though? Thats what I think anyway. So I thought it would be fun to have a kitty. I remember the day mom got me my kitten. I was so excited. My cat would sleep on my pillow by my head. He was a good cat... So today I went to the friends house and brought home a kitty to surprise Kaylee when she got home from school. She was very excited. The other girls weren't so much. Olivia still freaks out if he even looks in her direction. We named him Oliver. Abby wanted to name him Hannah Montana... I told you before that they love her. So seeing that it is a boy cat we decided that maybe Oliver would be good. He is Hannah's friend after all. Plus he is a black cat, you know, like an olive. Really creative I know. He doesn't seem to mind it though. Meow...
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
This is the newest addition to our little family. Last weekend Kaylee had a sleepover at a friends house and they had kittens. Kaylee had a ball playing with "her" kitty while at her friends house. Of course the girls mom, being the generous woman that she is, said Kaylee could have one of the kitties if it was ok with her parents. So she came home and proceded to BEG, and BEG, and BEG to get a kitten. Chris shocked me and instead of immediatly saying no, said that it was up to me. Chris hates cats. He thinks he is allergic. Isn't that just everyones excuse to not get one though? Thats what I think anyway. So I thought it would be fun to have a kitty. I remember the day mom got me my kitten. I was so excited. My cat would sleep on my pillow by my head. He was a good cat... So today I went to the friends house and brought home a kitty to surprise Kaylee when she got home from school. She was very excited. The other girls weren't so much. Olivia still freaks out if he even looks in her direction. We named him Oliver. Abby wanted to name him Hannah Montana... I told you before that they love her. So seeing that it is a boy cat we decided that maybe Oliver would be good. He is Hannah's friend after all. Plus he is a black cat, you know, like an olive. Really creative I know. He doesn't seem to mind it though. Meow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Congratulations! What a good Mom! I am allergic to cats and I'm sticking to that story!
When do we get to meet Oliver?
I'm quite jealous! We had cats growing up, but now both Nels and I are allergic to them, and dogs--for real! We even tried a couple of years ago to get a long haired cat, on the advice from friends that people are less allergic to long haired cats; it didn't work, (our kids are still angry...)Enjoy Oliver for us!
Harlene you can meet Oliver when you come visit us!! Soon I hope!?
I remember Tigger, Karyn. I also remember that he scratched my piano something fierce! Get Oliver something other than furniture to scratch!!
I would love a little kitty, but I think at this point Afton might just try and eat it. Your girls are so cute. I love your Pint Size Perspectives. They say the funniest things. You should hit up the Clark County Fair sometime. It is pretty fun, as long as you don't go on Saturday. It is sheer madness on that day.
give Chris a big Hello for me! Also, let him know...my car is registered!
So cute! I love its little blue eyes! Bailey wants a dog, but Colby wants "a cat and a baby." I'm good with the baby part, but we're about to move into a place that doesn't allow pets, so they'll be waiting awhile for the animals!
Post a Comment