Sunday, April 27, 2008



After a very long and emotional journey (mostly for mom), they finally made their way to Las Vegas. The plane from Hawaii had some problems and needed to be fixed before they could leave. This made them miss the connecting flight in LA, and put them into Las Vegas much later than they expected. The whole ordeal just really made me appreciate cell phones. How did we ever survive without them? They were able to call David when they got into LA to tell him they would be late but they still didn't know when they would be able to get onto another flight. Quite a few people were in the same boat that they were. When they did get on another flight their credit card wouldn't work when they tried to call and let us know when they would be getting in. Dave and I stayed up waiting to hear from them. And wondering why they hadn't called!! It was a long wait. Mom finally called around 10:30 saying they had just landed in Vegas. That was great except it was a 40 minute drive to the airport from his house! So they didn't get the big welcome home that was planned. Oh, and their luggage didn't make it! I forgot to take my camera to the airport so I didn't get that first picture like I hoped to. This picture was taken the next day at Mark and Tammy's house when we went to see the baby. Mom's smile was about the same though. :) We are all so happy to have them home. We all took a big sigh of relief to have them back. I am very grateful for their example though. They did sacrifice a lot to go. Three new babys were born, sickness throughout the family, floods, high school reunion, family reunion, and many holidays were all missed. But I know that the work they were apart of will have a lasting effect on the people in the Marshall Islands. It was important work and we all were blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! One thing after another! At least they made it!

Harlene said...

I am so happy for you all. I can't wait to see them.

Glad it all worked out!

Beckstrand7 said...

Wow, your parents don't look like they've aged a day! Your mom looks estatic to be holding her newest grand baby. I bet they are as happy to be back as you are to have them back. I hope we get to see them soon! Tell them "hi" okay?