Wednesday, March 3, 2010

So much catch up, So not enough modivation

I have been neglecting the blog lately. Not because nothing has been going on. I'm just plain ol' lazy. So while I wait for the 50 bazillion loan papers to print (we are refinancing) I figured I would do something productive on the computer instead of wasting time on facebook.
The most recent photos on the memory card were of Kaylee. She has been kicking butt on her little league basketball team. Here she is shooting some free throws. She missed but during this game she made 8 of the 14 points scored by her team. They still lost the game but she was on fire!! (Pretty sure those are the same baskets I played on in elementary school too)

My super cute niece Whitney marched in the Martin Luther King parade in Las Vegas this year. We spent a couple days with Dave and Jen and FROZE our bums off watching the parade. That was quite the experience. Martin Luther King, downtown Las Vegas... I'm sure you get my point. Anyway, Whitney looked awesome during the parade. She is the one in the green warm-up lookin so fine!

Me and Olivia trying to keep warm and entertained. We sat in the cold rain for over and hour waiting for the parade to start. Only to realize we were right across the street from a Starbucks the whole time! Man hot chocolate would have been a welcome sight.


Here is all of us on the bleachers. Still freezing but at least it wasn't raining.... Yet.


Now to Christmas!!! I had a ton of pictures but my computer takes sooooo long to upload that I just picked my favorite. This is Christmas eve. The girlies just opened their one present and it was PJ's (of course) but they got matching ones for their American Girl dolls! They loved them. Kaylee got a skateboard from Santa, Abby got a Wii Karaoke game (you ain't seen nothin until you've seen Chris sing Jesse McCartney) and Olivia got a bed for her Bitty Twins. They loved everything they got and played with them for probably a good week before everything lost its appeal. I think it's a new record.
Aren't they just the cutest things though.....

One thing I did forget to mention though was our chimney fire. I wish I would have thought to take a picture but I was too busy panicking and climbing around the attic. We were lucky. We had just built the fire in the stove so it hadn't had a chance to get really hot. But seeing flames shooting out of your chimney is pretty scary. I put the fire out in the stove and Chris managed to track down a garden hose and put the fire out in the chimney before it did any damage. I am so grateful that he was home. I built the fire a few minutes before he came home for his dinner break. Poor guy was in his uniform battling the blaze. He was soaked and angry by the time we got it out so he just stayed home the rest of the night. So needless to say we finally saw the need to clean the chimney.

Ok. So that was the cliffs notes version of the last 3 months. (And no, my papers still aren't done printing. We need a new printer....)


2 comments:

Becky said...

Those girls with their dolls are pretty cute. And so is their mother. SHE reminds me of HER mother! Say hi to everyone, and we're glad that the chimney incident wasn't any worse :)

Harlene said...

I have never been able to get my boys to wear pj's and matching pj's with their dolls! You are one cool mama, soo cute!

Can't wait to see you!