Sunday, November 1, 2009

My October

Well since this blog serves as my journal I feel like I need to write about my month that I have had. Feel free to stop reading now. :)


It has been a tough month for me. Usually I love October. It's the beginning of fall, and my birthday, and I just love the feeling that is in the air. But this year October was not my friend. It all started with my wisdom teeth at the very beginning of the month. It was pretty hard on me and I spent the first couple of weeks in a lot of pain. And then there was my birthday. Usually I love my birthday, but this year I turned 30. Yea, I know age is just a number, your as old as you feel, bla, bla, bla. I don't want to be 30. Then Abby and Olivia got sick. Really sick. Every mother knows that when your child is sick you might as well be too. I ended up sleeping on the couch so I could listen for them. They would wake up a lot and I kept checking to see if the fever had broke. But the worst thing of all is trying to keep them entertained while they have to be isolated from everyone else.
Then last week at church I was told that I was being released from a calling that I loved. Serves my right. I loved being in the Young Womens and I was comfortable. BIG MISTAKE! Well that same day one of those incredible young women was found dead in her bed. She was an awesome girl despite a very imperfect life. We became pretty close and her death has been pretty tough for all that knew her. The other girls have been doing remarkably well, her family is having a rough time. They aren't members of the church and have taken it pretty hard. The funeral was really nice though.
And then the icing on the cake was I had to teach in Relief Society today. I was so stressed because of this. Mainly because I just hadn't had the time to really put into it and I didn't feel prepared. I think it went well though. I am so glad it is over.
I did have one great thing happen this month though. A young girl that has been joining us in young womens the past year was finally baptised yesterday. It was a neat baptism and I am so glad she was able to feel the spirit bear witness to her the truthfulness of the Gospel.
So there we go, my October. Sooo glad it is over. I pray November will be better. Did I mention that I was put in as the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society presidency? That calling is a lot easier right? RIGHT?

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow I am sorry for everything that has been going on. I Loved being in the YW's and RS presidency. I know you will like it also. Good luck.

Amber Lee said...

Karyn, I'm sorry it was such a rough month for you. I didn't realize that that was all piling up on you the way it was. I'm sorry I didn't do more to bear your burden. You know you can call me whenever, right?
Love you! And I'm so glad I'm back in Caliente, so we can get to be good friends again. But I was disappointed that you were taken out of YW right after I was put in!

Harlene said...

Sounds like you could use a trip for some peace and quiet, like to my place!

Love you!

Karyn said...

Thanks Amber, but I managed just fine. Just really eventful :)I'm glad your back too. Wish life wasn't so busy...
Harlene, we keep trying to make it up your way! I had it planned for next weekend but now I don't think we can :( Plus I don't think peace and quiet correctly describes your place!

Beckstrand7 said...

Oh, Karyn, I'm sorry your month has been so stressful! Somehow, remembering that all this mortality stuff is only temporary is what gets me through sometimes. You could always come up to our house for Thanksgiving...not exactly relaxing though, huh. Wait! Drop your kids off at your parents house, and you go home and sleep for the whole weekend!! Love you!

Karyn said...

Thanks Susan! Wish we could make it up, we miss you guys!! And I love mom and Dad too much to do that! :)