Friday, July 10, 2009

Great Basin National Park

The past few days we spent at Great Basin National Park camping. We joined up with the our friends the Cameron fam. This park is so beautiful. We camped at Wheeler Peak campground. The campground is awesome. There is a creek running through and meadows with deer wandering around, aspen and pine trees, and everyones favorite... open pit toilets. It's a great place to camp though and the kids had fun wandering around and playing.
Sisters. They really do love each other, most of the time...

Olivia is so funny. I took a picture of her just sitting in a chair but that wasn't good enough. No, she needed to strike a pose!
We let Kaylee, Baylee, and Kylee sleep together in there own tent. The first night was pretty rough. The wind was fierce and they said they couldn't sleep. This picture was taken around 7 in the morning and they had only been asleep a few hours. Silly girls were freezing too. They forgot to get in their sleeping bags!
We had to wait a few hours for the tour of Lehman Caves. So we got the kids the Junior Ranger workbooks to work on while we waited.
Takin a break from the workbooks..... (Chris, Rylee, Olivia, Abby)

Junior Rangers!!!!
Chris and Matt took the older kids on a hike to see the glacier and one of the alpine lakes. The kids did so good. Even little Abby. (Abby, Jordan, Baylee, Kylee, Kaylee)
Standing on the glacier.
This Bristlecone Pine is over 3000 years old. So cool..
Abby Jo
It was such a fun trip. It started out kind of rough. A few injuries, some apprehension over the bathroom situation, some crazy wind, but for the most part it went really well. We decided that it will be the first annual Sonnenberg/ Cameron camping trip. I am a little bummed that I didn't get any pictures in the cave, but I was just enjoying it and didn't get the camera out. The kids thought the cave was awesome. Wish we could have stayed longer!!

2 comments:

Amber Lee said...

I love Great Basin Park! We went camping there two years in a row when Bailey was little, and I want to go back so bad. That's awesome that the kids made it all the way to the glacier! That's a rough--cold!--hike!

Beckstrand7 said...

What a fun family trip! I'm glad you took that opportunity. Also I love the family pic you showed of Mark, Tammy & Ella. SWEET!