We had such a good Christmas! We tried really hard not to go over board and I think we did a good job of it.
Christmas Eve we went to Panaca for the annual Christmas Eve program. It's just not Christmas without this program. This year it was a little different from years past, but still fun. The jist of the program is that Santa himself is flying to Panaca and can't find his way. We sing to help him find his was through the fog. Someone is usually monitoring his progress via 2-way radio, or this year with a computer and GPS. The excitment is built up to the extreme and then he makes it!! I have never been able to figure out how they do it, but every year you can actually here the reindeer land on the roof. That is my favorite part. Then the endless line begins to sit on Santa's lap and get a treat bag. My girls of course would not make up their minds about sitting on his lap and so we ended up at the very end of the line.
Then after dinner with Mom and Dad and Steven we came home to open our one present on Christmas Eve. It is usually pj's but the kids haven't made the connenction yet.
Here is a picture before the girls woke up. Everything is set up for them. I was too lazy to wrap the Santa gifts so we just piled them for each girl!
Here is Kaylee with her goods...
Mom, Dad, and Steven came down for home made cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate. They also brought us some cool gifts. I will post a picture later of the cool cast iron irons that Mom had. I told her I wanted them. Steven gave us a wheat grinder. (I asked him for food storage stuff so I am excited. Now I just need to get me some wheat...) He also fixed up a computer for the girls to play games and watch movies on.
We ate some cinnamon rolls (and ate, and ate, and ate), watched Fred Claus, and enjoyed each others company!
The day after Christmas Dave and his kids came up to visit. We missed Jen and Kyle though! He was also nice enough to take Kaylee home with him for a few days. I sure miss her!!
We hope all our family and friends had a wonderful Christmas too!!
6 comments:
I'm proud of you for taking pictures. I didn't get around to it this year. Also, it was hard for me to not drive down on Christmas Eve just for the program. I kept thinking, "What do people do on Christmas Eve?" We definitely had to get creative.
What a lot of pink and purple! That's never been seen at our house (even Michelle prefers aquamarine over pink). Sure looks like a wonderful holiday. Have a Happy New Year!
I'm with Becky- a visit from Santa with no nerf weapons or camo? The girls look darling and I can't believe I've never heard about the Panaca Christmas Eve Program!
we miss you...Happy New Year!
Glad to see fun pics from Christmas! We need to get together soon!
Such fun! I just love your family -all of them! Thanks for telling about the fun Panaca Christmas tradition. Merry After Christmas!
I remember the Christmas program in Panaca! I remember Neldon Mathews come running in every once in a while to say he just heard from the FAA (Neldon is a pilot!) that Santa was near but still can't find Panaca! We HAVE to SING LOUDER! Those were fun times!
Post a Comment