Sunday, August 10, 2008

Youth Conference July 30- Aug, 2



Chris and I had the opportunity to attend youth conference last week. I was trying my hardest to not have to go, but as the date got closer they still didn't have any adult leaders who were willing to go. So we stepped up at the last minute. They had us in familys. Chris and I were the parents to 13 teenagers. I felt like one of them though. In fact Chris went to take a showere one day (only the leaders were allowed one) and he was stopped by one of the stake leaders. They thought he was one of the kids!
We went to the Cleveland Ranch that is about 90 miles north of here. It is a church owned ranch. They have over 7000 acres and we camped there for 3 nights. We were combined with the Ely Nevada stake so that was really fun. Our high school and there's are rivals, but the kids behaved themselves and actually got along!
It ended up being a really fun few days. We didn't have any kids from our ward in our family and I was worried about that, but our family turned out to be awesome! The kids were great and we had a lot of fun with them. I am so glad that we went!!
I have to explain the picture of our family. We played this game called signs a lot while we were there. In the picture we are each doing our sign.

1 comment:

LeMira said...

There always has to be one nose-picker, doesn't there?