Is it time for school yet? I know you should never wish for your children to grow up, but is 2 really too young to start school? Being with the kids 24 hours a day 7 days a week is starting to take it's toll on me. I really think I am losing it? And by it, I mean my SANITY! Olivia is finally potty trained, (YES!) but she is so good about it that she wakes up in the middle of the night crying because she needs to go. Now, I know this is a good thing. Believe me I know. Abby is almost 5 and still cannot be trusted at night. My point is that I don't get a good nights sleep. Actually I don't think I have since before Olivia was born. What good is summer vacation if you can't sleep in? And tell me, When will my 6 year old figure that one out? She is up by 6, or earlier, every morning!
We have also outlawed TV for the week. A little experiment, or torture, for the kids. Today was day one and I think it is harder on me. They do not know how to entertain themselves! They would follow me from room to room as I went about my household chores. "There is nothing to do!" Thats what I heard all day. I sure wish I hadn't wasted the hundreds of dollars worth of toys sitting around in there rooms.
Less than 4 weeks until school starts....
4 comments:
I know what you mean, my kids seem to be ready for school to keep them busy. We will have go do some more swimming before school to keep busy. :)
Try having and older cousin come to entertain them...oh wait, you've tried that.
-send them on a scavenger hunt, 2 bugs, 13 blades of grass, 4 different kinds of leaves, a new puppy...
-have them paint the house with a bucket of water and paint brushes and rollers, that used to keep mine entertained for hours.
Good Luck!
I HEAR YOU! Don't worry, they really do get older, then they don't wake you up at night, they keep you up all night! But at least they no longer need to tell you when you have to go to the bathroom...:)
Welcome to the joys of motherhood! I too thought that once my babies started sleeping through the night, I'd be able to also. Silly me!! Last night I was awake at 3:30 AM (now it's MY turn for the midnight bathroom runs) and heard my 13 year old and her friend still up talking! They better not be grouches today.
But I also learned years ago that the Lord knows my limits, and amazingly every so often (usually two nights AFTER I thought I couldn't take anymore) everyone would cooperate and I'd get a good night's sleep.
Post a Comment