Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Grapevine
On Sunday after most of the people had headed off to their homes, we decided to take Mike and Katie, Chris and Harlene and their kids out to see what a beautiful place we live in. We drove down Rainbow canyon and stopped at Etna Cave so they could see the pictographs. That wasn't enough hiking so we took them to Grapevine (a slot canyon further down the canyon). It has been quite a few years since I had been there and the road was a little bit rough. Ok, it was pretty bad... But we didn't let the threat of getting stuck, high-centered, or perhaps a flat tire stop us!! Oh no, we forged ahead. I am curious to know what Chris and Harlene were thinking as we tried to make our way. We did make it to the mouth of the canyon and started the short hike to the waterfall at the end. (I forgot it was there) I might add that I am not the best tour guide. The walk was nice, the canyon is pretty cool, and the kids seemed to enjoy it. Turning around to head back was a bit tricky, but my Chris and cousin Chris handled it just fine. The kids and I had fun riding in the back of the truck down the bumpy road. I wish I had some pictures but of course I forgot my camera. Maybe I can talk Mike into forwarding me some and I will post them later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yea... I'll post some pictures...
Hello...is anyone there?
Post a Comment