Chris and I had the wonderful opportunity to attend girls camp this year. They hold it every year up near Kolob reservoir. It is a beautiful spot. I asked Chris to come along with me and be the "hired hand". We also had some other priesthood holders up there to offer there support, muscle, and cooking skills. Boy did we eat well!!
It was a great experience for all of us. I think the Young Women even had a good time! I have been kind of stressed about the hole thing. There is a lot of prep work that goes into camp. I was overwhelmed with it all, but luckily I have a really great camp director who is organized and creative.
We go to camp as a stake so there were 6 wards there. Each ward has there own camp site and then we all get together for activities, certification, speakers, etc. The theme was " Be loyal to the royal within you", and was centered around helping the girls realize their own divine heritage. The spirit was strong and hopefully the girls were able to get the message.
What a great camp it was! I am allready looking forward to next year. Even Chris has said that he wants to go again! He just had fun getting into water fights and hiking! Oh and the crafts, he is so crafty!
Yes, that is a baby in the last picture! Our camp director brought her son. He was the camp mascot! I am certain that if it wasn't for him being in our camp, we would have gotten pranked a lot more!!
1 comment:
How fun, glad it all went well. It would seem you guys are having another round of girls camp at your place this week...Thanks again for having Annie!
Post a Comment