Ok, I really need to vent right now. So I am sure that everyone has heard that Miley Cyrus is performing at this years Stadium of Fire. Well tickets to this event were, and I say "were", considerably cheaper than an actual concert of hers. My girls are EXTREME fans. I mean members of her fan club, posters on the wall, knows all her songs, even has a Hannah wig, extreme. But unfortunatly for them, they have a mom and dad who won't go to the ends of the earth, or there pocketbooks for that matter, to get them to a concert. When I heard about the Stadium of Fire I thought that I would try for tickets. It would be cool. I even know all the songs for heavens sakes!! And Blue Man Group! I love them! I went to there show in New York when I was back there and it was really cool. So I thought this would be fun. I will get on and try the second they go on sale. I knew it would be difficult and they would sell out fast, but I tried. I logged on to my computer 5 min. before they were set to go on sale, got onto the sight, and had my credit card handy. I was set!!
So 45 min. later. Still waiting my turn I get notified that the event was sold out. Bummer. Then almost instantly they are for sale again in the classifieds, Ebay, you know, for 3 times there price. AAAAaaaaa!!! I just hate this. People trying to make a profit off of us desperate parents who just want to make there kids happy. And no, I didnt buy any. I just can't justifiy it!! It is criminal! Those people (I won't name any names, but I do know some) who buy up all the tickets hoping to make a profit. They should be ashamed of themselves!!

5 comments:
I agree with you completely. We were going to pick some up for my brothers' girls, but they were on sale and gone even before I could blink.
You could come and scalp some in the parking lot for fun with us. If we don't get any we'll just move the party else where!
We actually didn't know about miley, we wanted to see Blue Man Goup.
Ooooh, grrr, I totally agree! I think it's so unethical to buy something on sale just so you can turn it around and sell it on ebay. To me the only time that's fair is when we're talking about something that nobody in the surrounding five states would want that's been on clearance for 3 months and the store is about to throw it away--buy THAT and sell it on ebay!
I've had that happen to me so many times with things, and it happened to my mom with something with their house that she wanted. She was so mad that she wrote the seller and chewed them out--and my mom doesn't get mad! :-)
Fortunately, we don't have cable (yet--Jonathan's working on me), so Bailey doesn't know much about Hannah Montana besides that all the other girls think she's cool. I'm not even sure she'd know her if she saw her! I'm sure my time will come....
I took Cathi to see a 4-band concert at the Warfield in San Francisco... There were guys there trying to scalp tickets to it AND others trying to buy tickets... oh... we saw Phantom Planet, The Hush Sound, Motion City Soundtrack AND the headliner... Panic at The Disco... Yes, even the 'old man' like the concert!
My sister-in-law tried to get tickets for her family, but didn't get any. Luckily her sister got a few extra tickets. It's not going to be a family affair like they originally hoped, but at least the girls who love Hannah Montana get to go.
Post a Comment