This is the family while visiting Disneyland. Me and Chris, Olivia (2), Kaylee (6), and little Abby (4). It was our first of many trips to the happiest place on earth. It was a great time. The girls could not have been more excited in there lives. They were able to meet every single princess and get pictures taken with them. We made Kaylee ride every ride that she could. Bless her heart, she even rode the Tower of Terror! I am not sure we will get her on it again though! It even freaked me out a bit!!

Moving here to Caliente was a little bittersweet. I never in a million years would have thought I would live here. Panaca, maybe, but Caliente? Never. It has proved to be a wonderful blessing for us though. The girls love it here. There are tons of kids to play with and we have made some truly great friends. I love our house, although a bit small for all the stuff we keep accumulating!
Chris is a Deputy Sheriff for Lincoln County. He started out with the Nevada Highway Patrol and then last summer transfered to the county. It was a good move for him. The NHP was good to him but he found himself getting bored. The variety of work he does with the county seems to keep him entertained. Some times it is a bit frustrating for him though. The downfall of being in law enforcement in a small community is that you know everyone and the kind of "stuff" they are into. He doesn't like running into people he has arrested or suspects of dealing drugs. It happens every time we leave the house though. Even when we go to church. This past Sunday we were sitting in sacrament meeting and he pointed out a man that he arrested the week before for not registering as a sex offender. IN CHURCH! Now I am aware that they need religion more than anyone, but it kind of ruined the moment for me.
Who knows what the future holds for us Sonnenberg's. Right now I know that we are where we are supposed to be. As for next year? We'll see!!
9 comments:
OK! Now ya gone and dun it! Check this out... http://kg6ifv.blogspot.com/
Hey, Karyn! I'm glad you made a blog. Now maybe I'll be able to remember Abby and Olivia's names! My favorite part so far is your kids' quotes. Those are so funny. I was just thinking the other day that I need to add something like that to my blog.
I took a long time to start blogging, too, but I'm so glad I did. Especially after a friend of mine told me that you can go to blurb.com and they'll "suck" your blog into your blurb account and make a book out of it. So I'm going to do that at the end of every year (much cheaper than Heritage Makers!) and have a yearly family photo journal!
Love you!
Congratulations, and welcome to the blog world! I look forward to looking at yours on a regular basis...Love from Susan & family
Yippee! I love having a new distraction to check on daily! I am sorry about the sacrament meeting experience. Just got caught blogging, can't leave much of a comment now!
cute house!Looooove the mickey wreath! - from Annie
ALOHA blog mate blog some more love it.
Congrats on the meanest mom ever title. i know you've worked long for that and have always wanted it. i always knew you would get there with your potential
Karyn, I love your site!! But, please explain what a "blog" is and it's purpose. bubu beck
Yes, Karyn, bubu beck is your mom! Bubu means grandmother in Marshallese and I think bubu beck is a pretty cool handle!
Post a Comment